VMware {code} Community
bithead2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Creating virtual disks on specific SCSI Controllers (vdiskcreate.pl)

I have virtual machines that just have the default SCSI Controller 0 installed with one disk attached.

What I want to do is create additional SCSI controllers up to the limit (SCSI Controllers 1, 2 and 3) and attach a single disk to each one.

vdiskcreate.pl looks like it would work fine for attaching new disks to SCSI Controller 0, but it doesn't seem to allow the creation of new SCSI Controllers in it or attachment of disks to specific SCSI Controllers.

I didn't find a script that specifically allows for the creation of new SCSI Controllers (vmreconfig.pl doesn't seem to do this).

What is the "best" way to go about adding 3 new disks on 3 new SCSI Controllers to a VM?  The vSphere GUI allows you to do this pretty easy (add a disk and choose a SCSI Controller and address for the disk). What's cool about the GUI is that it creates the SCSI Controller for you when you do this, you don't have to specifically add the SCSI controller first when you are adding a disk.

But manually running the GUI for tons of VMs would be a pain.

Thanks for any recommendations!

CJ

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dpomeroy
Champion
Champion

Did you ever find a solution to this? Im also looking to add additional pvscsi controllers and Im not having luck finding the answer.

0 Kudos
bithead2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No I ended up adding disks in the OVF file itself.

CJ

0 Kudos
kadursandy
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone happen to find a soultion to create a SCSI controller 1,2,3 ?

0 Kudos