VMware Cloud Community
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Calculating available resource CPU

Hi All,
I´d like know if have any calculate exactly to planning grown of environment of virtual machines.

Based on number of cores (model cpu and other specifications) and number of vcpu per core. I already hear some things about it, for example: 10 vcpu´s per core, but sometimes this not is true. Who can help based on experience with capacity.

Thanks

PS: I´m trying do it manually, but i know, have capacityIQ. lolll 😐

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
1 Reply
milton123
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VMware HA ensures that a  specified percentage of aggregate cluster resources is reserved for  failover.

With the Cluster Resources Reserved policy, VMware HA performs admission control.

Calculates the total resource requirements for all powered-on virtual machines in the cluster.

Calculates the total host resources available for virtual machines.

Calculates the Current CPU Failover Capacity and Current Memory Failover Capacity for the cluster.

Determines  if either the Current CPU Failover Capacity or Current Memory Failover  Capacity is less than the Configured Failover Capacity (provided by the  user).

Cheers, Yours Udin

0 Kudos