VMware Horizon Community
whynotq
Commander
Commander

PCoIP Zero Client and User Screen Settings

I am deploying a PCoIP solution with Wyse P20 zero clients, for testing i have connected using a fat client and am able to change the desktop settings of the Guest font and screen resolution. When i connect via the Zero Client this is greyed out...

Have been through the GPO and the control panel is not restricted, the View Agent ADM is not in use, the gold master has the ability to configure settings as does the  direct console access to a Guest.

All VMs are win7 64bit and using View 5.

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

You can check this KB out, http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1020809, and also you can set the resolution from the thin client. 

0 Kudos
whynotq
Commander
Commander

Unfortunately been down that route already, the Gold Master has the registry value = 0, the GPO is not set but have tried enforcing it as disabled but again no change. This only affects PCoIP connections to the desktop, RDP is as expected.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I have you tried from a WIndows client and the software PCOIP to see if it's a problem?   You might simply be forced to set the resolution from the P20 side.  

0 Kudos
whynotq
Commander
Commander

Same from the software client, so it appears to be PCoIP. Trying to do this now by exporting the RegKey and having it run as a script at logon.

0 Kudos