VMware Horizon Community
toon97
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to Identify which Replica a VM belongs to?

Hi All,

I have a few rogue replica's in View 5 and would like to clean them up.

I have 5 replica's, of which im pretty sure only 1 is in use. Is there a record somewhere of which pool is using which replica, or which vm is using which replica?

I know how to delete the rogue replica's but not how to identify which are actually in use!

Thanks,

8 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Depending how far back your task events go you may be able to get the information from the replica itself.  If you look under task/events it will show what has been cloned off the replica and the name of the VM. 

0 Kudos
chriswahl
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The only method I'm aware of is to edit the header file of a Linked Clone, which will contain information as to what replica it is pointed to.

Alternatively, you can create an additional desktop in the pool and watch the event log to see which replica is used.

VCDX #104 (DCV, NV) ஃ WahlNetwork.com ஃ @ChrisWahl ஃ Author, Networking for VMware Administrators
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

In a small environment you may be able to locate the linked clones by browsing the database tables

From the Composer database:
    1.    In dbo.SVI_SIM_CLONE, get the REPLICA_ID from the row that the linked clone virtual machine is shown under VM_NAME.
    2.    In dbo.SVI_REPLICA, match the REPLICA_ID found in step 1 under the ID column and get the value for that row under REPLICA_MOID.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
bSphere
Contributor
Contributor

Good info here Linjo.  Thanks for sharing.

0 Kudos
KunalJain11
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Is there a way that I can identify the replica vm's from the MOB of vcenter/esx...

0 Kudos
nettech1
Expert
Expert

I know this very late, but there is a tool called "IC-Associated-VMs.exe" that can generate an HTML report showing what belongs to what

Link - Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi toon97

You can follow below 2 KBs to find which replica belongs to which VM:

VMware Knowledge Base

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
Mict2204
Contributor
Contributor

can you made this available for downloading please. it would be nice.

thanks, Rene Rutter

0 Kudos