2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2011 2:57 AM by Vti2011

Can any one Compare Thin App and MS Appv?

Vti2011 Novice
    vExpert

Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) enables enterprises to meet the needs of users and IT by empowering anywhere productivity and accelerated application deployment. App-V provides anywhere user access to applications that are dynamically available on any authorized PC without application installs. Virtual applications and user settings are preserved whether users are online or offline.

Accelerate application deployment and simplify application migration with agentless application virtualization. With VMware ThinApp, applications are packaged into single executables that run completely isolated from each other and the operating system for conflict-free execution on end-point devices. Application packages can be deployed to different Windows platforms, eliminating costly recoding and regression testing so you can easily migrate existing applications to Windows 7.

• 1. Re: Can any one Compare Thin App and MS Appv?
          pbjork Master
          VMware EmployeesvExpert

Microsoft App-V and VMware ThinApp are both application virtualization and the two biggest competitors. Looking at the value proposition of both products are they of course very similar, all due to the benefits of application virtualization.

That said, a discussion regarding the differences and each product's benefits (both has its differentiators and benefits) can quite easily become subject to a not so productive discussion on the community. We prefer to discuss technical matters regarding ThinApp in this community and to keep the dialog respectful and peaceful.

If you are looking for advice on which product to chose would I recommend you to give both a try.. We posted a POC in a blog post helping you setup a valuable Proof of Concept for ThinApp. I bet MS offers similar information..

POC in a Blog can be found here: http://blogs.vmware.com/thinapp/2010/12/thinapp-poc-in-a-blog.html

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can any one Compare Thin App and MS Appv?
            Vti2011 Novice
            vExpert

Thanks pbjork

Let me first DO PoC...

then i'll be reply u back.