VMware Cloud Community
woodycollins
Contributor
Contributor

Role Assignments - Network Adapter

So I have been trying to figure this out for a good amount of time now and am completly stumped at this point.  We are implementing various role's through our infrastructure and one of the groups needs the ability to change the network adapter settings and have the ability to select the network that an adapter is configured for on a VM.

I have created a role, Granted the role every option under the "Virtual Machine" checkbox as well as the "Network" checkbox and assigned the role at the folder level that the virtual machines to be managed lye.  Yet when the user goes into the edit settings option and drills through the various options in the setttings menu they are able to change everything BUT the network adapter's configuration.

What am I missing?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
zachweed
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

What in specific are they trying to alter as far as the network configuration goes on the VM?

-Zach

0 Kudos
woodycollins
Contributor
Contributor

The actual network connection drop down specifying which virtual network to bind the VM  to.

0 Kudos
hicksj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I believe they will require the "Assign Network" privilege, assigned via a role (the "Network Consumer" default role would work) to the specific VM Network(s) defined within the Inventory > Networking view.

0 Kudos