VMware Cloud Community
jake_robinson_b
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

vCO client crashing

I am presented with a login, and it start to connect OK, but then the window just dissappears with no error.

vso.log attached.

Running client from Win2k8R2 server. vCO 4.2 appliance. JRE version 1.7.0_01

Jake Robinson VCP, vExpert - geekafterfive.com - Twitter: @jakerobinson
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
igorstoyanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Jake,

Did you use the vCO client installed with vCenter to connect to the vCO appliance? If that is the case, I am afraid that it would not work. The only way to connect to the appliance is to use the vCO client via Java WebStart. The link is located on the home page of the appliance.

Also, I saw that you are using java7. I am afraid that vCO doesn't supporting java7 yet since this was release just a few months ago.

Thanks,

Igor.

Visit http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator for the latest in Cloud Orchestration.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AureusStone
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

That is a strange one.  Is this a new install or have you been able to log in before?

Does this file exist for you?  Are the NTFS permissions okay?

C:\Users\Administrator\.vmware\vcoadmin-workflow-list.xml

If it is a new install I consider rebooting, reinstalling and checking group policies.

0 Kudos
jake_robinson_b
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

File permissions are ok, because I've tried deleting the .vmware folder to "reset" everything. It recreates the folder just fine. The XML files mentioned in the log file don't exist, however. I guessed yesterday that is the reason for the crash, but what is supposed to create those files?

It's a new install.  I just downloaded the appliance, configured it, and ran the client.

I will say that vCO 4 used to be installed on the particular server I am running the client from (the vC server).

Cheers,

Jake

0 Kudos
igorstoyanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Jake,

Did you use the vCO client installed with vCenter to connect to the vCO appliance? If that is the case, I am afraid that it would not work. The only way to connect to the appliance is to use the vCO client via Java WebStart. The link is located on the home page of the appliance.

Also, I saw that you are using java7. I am afraid that vCO doesn't supporting java7 yet since this was release just a few months ago.

Thanks,

Igor.

Visit http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator for the latest in Cloud Orchestration.
0 Kudos
jake_robinson_b
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hmm, someone might want to change the release notes, because it says 1.6+ (indicating 1.7 is an option.)

Also, yes; I am using the java web start from the appliance home page.

0 Kudos
igorstoyanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Jake,

I couldn't find the recommendation for java 1.6+ in the release notes or the appliance docs. Could you please point me to the source of this doc.

Thanks,

Igor.

0 Kudos
jake_robinson_b
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Downgrading to Java 1.6 fixed the issue. I will look for the documentation that stated 1.6+

0 Kudos