I think everyone should be interested in this but its typically built into most good backup solutions already. What is your angle on this thats different?
i am working on a solution that gives the vmware user visibility into how they are protecting their virtual machines and helps answer the following questions:
- Are my VM’s Recoverable
- Are Snapshots and Backups Successful?
- Where are my recovery points?
- What resources am I using to protect VMs, are they optimized?
- How much capacity is used by backups and replications?
- How much capacity on each datastore is used by snapshots?
- What applications are protecting each VM?
- What is the performance impact of protecting VMs?
- What are the slowest performing hosts, clients?
- Impact of backup on virtual infrastructure performance?
we are starting up a beta of this solution this week so if you or anyone you support might be interested let me know and I can fill you in on all the details. Of course there will be incentives if you participate in the beta.