VMware Edu & Cert Community
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Added VCDX Defense Opportunity: Toronto, May 7-11, 2012

By popular demand, the VCDX program has added another opportunity to attempt VCDX.  This will take place in the Toronto, Ontario, Canada, metropolitan area during the week of May 7 through 11, 2012.  The exact address will be provided to registered candidates who are accepted to defend.

Registration will open on February 20, 2012.  Applications are due March 12, 2012.

As with all VCDX opportunities, the Toronto defenses are open to any candidate worldwide, regardless of country of residency.  Naturally, the candidate is responsible for ensuring that he or she can enter Canada, obtaining a visa if required.

The Toronto defenses will offer the chance to attempt VCDX4.  They may also offer the chance to attempt the next version of VCDX.  This is dependent on when we are able to launch that credential, which has not yet been completed.  I do not have a target date for that announcement.

I am aware that there is a pressing need to offer a VCDX defense opportunity in South America (such as São Paulo or Buenos Aires).  At the present time, I do not have an answer for the many people who have contacted me about this, other than to thank you for doing so.  The more written expressions of serious interest I receive for a given geographic area, the easier it is for me to schedule a defense there.

I look forward to meeting many of you in Toronto!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

That is great news Brian -

Thanks

David

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
andybgrant
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Brian - thank you for all your efforts on this opportunity!!

Andy

0 Kudos
simonhamiltonwi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Awesome news.  Much easier to get to, in both cost and time - and not having to adjust to a huge timezone change.

0 Kudos
RickBoyett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It looks like I had better roll up my sleaves and get to work..

Thanks for the extra defense opportunity.  I really appreciate it.

========================================================================= Rick Boyett HP Enterprise Services Infrastructure Modernization (IMOD) VMware VCP 2, 3, 4 VMware VCAP-DCA4
0 Kudos
tietzjd25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Time to finish this HP storage design cert and start hammer out a VCDX defense.

Joe Tietz VCAP-DCD Solutions Architect
0 Kudos
haroldf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is awesome news!  Thanks for the update Brian!

Harold VCAP-DCD+DCA, VCP4, CDCUCSS (UCS), ITILv3, CCNA, MCSE
0 Kudos
jronaldo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Brian

I am interested in a VCDX session in south america.

Best Regards

Jose Ronaldo

0 Kudos
pgifford
Contributor
Contributor

Great news.  Any idea if they are thinking about doing a defense at PEX in Vegas?

Paul Gifford Virtualization Practice Lead | Mainland Information Systems Ltd.
0 Kudos