VMware Cloud Community
MindTheGreg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Windows 2003 R2 + GParted =/= increased boot partition

Hello,

I'm trying to increase my boot partition on Windows 2003 R2. I've added the space to the vmdk, ran GParted and successfully expanded the C: partition. When I boot up the machine the C: reports the old smaller value. I ran check disk and ran fixmbr but the problem isn't fixed. I attached a picture showing the problem circled in red.

Thanks.

Set-Annotation -CustomAttribute "The Impossible" -Value "Done and that makes us mighty"
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I saw this happen a couple of times now. It looks like the end partition information is not set correctly in the partition table by gparted in some cases. Usually another (minor) resize will fix the issue.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I saw this happen a couple of times now. It looks like the end partition information is not set correctly in the partition table by gparted in some cases. Usually another (minor) resize will fix the issue.

André

0 Kudos
MindTheGreg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you Andre. I will use a different version of gparted and see if it works. I tried to do a minor resize/shrink and got a bsod saying the partiton was too big.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Set-Annotation -CustomAttribute "The Impossible" -Value "Done and that makes us mighty"
0 Kudos
MindTheGreg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Worked like a charm. Used latest version of GParted.

0 Kudos