VMware Cloud Community
santosh42
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

adding iscsi storage throws error

Hi,

I am using a ESX 4.1 server.

I have configured the iSCSI storage adapter in the ESX in order to access iscsi disk.

The iscsi adapter shows the right details of the iscsi disk.

Then i tried to add the storage by selecting "add disk/lun" and selecting the iscsi disk.

When i click "finish", i get a error message :

"Call "HostDatastoreSystem.CreateVmfsDatastore" for object "ha-datastoresystem" on ESX  failed.
Operation failed, diagnostics report: Unable to create Filesystem, please see VMkernel log for more details."

I monitored the vmkernel log and noticed the below message along with other errors too.

"Power-on Reset occurred on t10.FreeBSD_iSCSI_DISK______10000001_"

Attaching the vmkernel log.

Any idea what configuration i am missing on ESX side/iSCSI server side.

Thanks.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hanoon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is this the first target you trying to add, I had a simillar error when I added a target and changed some configs on the iscsi side then tried to add it again with a different name - solution was by disable iscsi services and reboot host then re-add the target..

other than than I did read some article discussed removing the gpt label and recreate the vmfs3 volume on the LUN.!

www.247rack.com VMware cloud hosting
santosh42
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thanks and sorry for coming bak late.

I figured out the reason for the issue.

- on the iscsi target i had not covered the ESX host IP as part of the "initiators list" and thus it failed everytime i tried to add the iscsi disk from ESX host.

Thanks.

0 Kudos