Help! We are running View 4.6 with Windows 7 desktops (linked clone non-persistent desktops) and we have had 2 virtual desktops in the last 2 days fail on user login with this error message
"The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed".
This used to happen to us with our View 4.5 install with XP desktops and it was a nightmare to resolve.
I logged in as the local admin on one of the affected virtual desktops and found entries like this in the event viewer
"NtpClient was unable to set a domain peer to use as a time source because of failure in establishing a trust relationship between this computer and the " domain in order to securely synchronize time. NtpClient will try again in 3473457 minutes and double the reattempt interval thereafter. The error was: The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed. (0x800706FD)"
Notice above that it refers to the domain as the " domain.
Here is another event viewer entry in the event viewer
"handleEncrypt ERROR = consumeToken FAILED: 2148074257"
With our XP desktop what seemed to help fix the issue were the following steps...
1. We made sure the pool was set to delete a desktop after use instead of refresh (now we have ours set to refresh because it is faster)
2. We switched from using the flexible virtual NIC to using the VMXNET3 virtual NIC since it performs better.
3. We shut off dynamic DNS registering in the master image (but with View 4.6 the agent it turns it right back on so we can't change that)
4. We made sure the ESX servers were set to sync time with the same external NTP host as our primary domain controller and set the VMware Tools app to sync the desktops machine time with it's ESX host.
5. We changed the ExecScriptTimeout REG_WORD value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\vmware-viewcomposer-ga to be 40000 milliseconds instead of the default of 20000.
I ran the support.bat script on an affected virtual desktop and here is a link to the results,
Any help you can offer would be greeeeaaatly appreciated. I can't call VMware tech support because our support renewal is in the process of being paid... until then I can't call tech support