VMware Horizon Community
hadricus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Provisioning linked clones - "Customizing (Missing)"

We've recently upgraded our vCenter Server to 4.1 and installed SRM. We're running View 4.6.

Whenever provisioning any new linked clones, the VM gets created and View reports the VM as a problem desktop with "Customizing (Missing)". The VM is definitely visible in the vSphere Client. Composer proceeds to ignore that desktop as missing and create another, until it reaches the max for whatever pool.

Any idea what's happening here?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
royberk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Have you tried to create this pool or any pool with this same naming convention before?

If you are able, I would try to check the Composer Database to see if its confusing your names and therefore not fully creating them.

This link will help with getting into the ADAM / Composer DBs:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=100865...

And as mittim said, logs would probably help Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you gathered all the logs?   It might be helpful to see the error messages. 

0 Kudos
royberk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Have you tried to create this pool or any pool with this same naming convention before?

If you are able, I would try to check the Composer Database to see if its confusing your names and therefore not fully creating them.

This link will help with getting into the ADAM / Composer DBs:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=100865...

And as mittim said, logs would probably help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
netjim66
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I actually forgot to install the View Agent on the base image.

The VMs built up OK, but then the status remained "Customizing"....

I added the client to my base image and all was well after that (and/or you can install it on machines already built).

0 Kudos