VMware Cloud Community
darnell75
Contributor
Contributor

FCoE using Brocade cards CNA1020 and Cisco Nexus 5548 switches

All,

I have the following configuration and problem that I am not sure how to fix:

I have three Dell R910 servers with 1TB of memory and each has two brocade 1020 CNA cards dual port.  I am using distributed switches for the VM network and a second distributed switch for VMotion.  I have two of the 10G ports configured in each distributed switch using IP Hash.  The management network is configured using a standard switch with two 1G ports.

The Nexus configuration is we have two nexus 5548 switch connected together with a trunk.  We have two VPC's configured to each ESX hosts consisting of two 10gig ports in each VPC with one port going to each switch.  The VPC is configured for static LAG.

What I am seeing is that after a few hours the virtual machines will not be accessible via network anymore.  So if you ping the VM it will not work and if you get on the console of the VM then ping the gateway then nothing as well but if you try to ping another virtual machine on the same host on the same VLAN then it will work so traffic is going through the ESX backplane.  If I reboot the ESX host then things will work again for another few hours or so then the problem repeats.

The version of vSphere I am using is ESXi4.1

Please assist I am stuck.

Thanks...

0 Kudos
0 Replies