VMware Cloud Community
srivard
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VSphere server not working

Hello,

On the last 2 install i made i am running with a problem for the administration the the setup

I ran all installer (vCenter, V cleint, Update manager, converter)

When i log in with my client i don't have access to all functions

I dont have update manager, licence manager and everything else. (See print screen)

I have tried to re install Vcenter server with same result.

i made an install 6 months ago without any problem (v4) but now with v4.1 i am doing something wrong

Thank's

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Sébastien,

in your screen shot, you logged in to an ESXi host directly (left part) and to the vCenter Server (right part).

In order to access all the vCenter Server settings and plugins, you need to login to the vCenter Server (specify its iP address or the DNS-Name in the vSphere Client)

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello.

You will only see those options when logging in to the vCenter Server, even if the hosts are managed by a vCenter Server.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Make sure you have enabled the vCenter plugins on your vSphere Client machine.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
srivard
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Not shure I understand what you are both saying.

In my other working configuration I only log on and see everything.

Sébastien

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Sébastien,

in your screen shot, you logged in to an ESXi host directly (left part) and to the vCenter Server (right part).

In order to access all the vCenter Server settings and plugins, you need to login to the vCenter Server (specify its iP address or the DNS-Name in the vSphere Client)

André

0 Kudos
srivard
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How can i find the adresse if ia m not in the client office?

Sébastien

Sébastien Rivard

Decam informatique

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Can't you just give your client a call and ask him?

If you are lucky enough, the vCenter Server is running as a VM on the host you logged on to. In this case you can either see the IP address in the General tab of the vCenter Server VM (if VMware Tools are installed) or logon to the vCenter Server to find out the IP address in the network properties.

Actually you should get a warning message that the host is being managed by a vCenter Server when you logon to the host directly.

André

mcowger
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You'll have to ask the client (although the summary page when logged into the host directly will tell you as well).

--Matt VCDX #52 blog.cowger.us
0 Kudos
runclear
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Is the host (192.168.0.2), Joined to the vCenter server -> ecglfp02.ECGL.local?

I can only assume that the host (192.168.0.2) is at a remote site as it appears you are remoting into another windows box loaded with the vi client via LogMeIn...  (obviously im assuing from a screenshot)....

-------------------- What the f* is the cloud?!
0 Kudos
jose_maria_gonz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi srivard,

Either you are pointing to your ESX/ESXi server directly bypassing your vCenter or you haven´t been given enough privileges to see the menu´s options.

Rgds,

J.

My Company http://www.jmgvirtualconsulting.com

My Blog http://www.josemariagonzalez.es

My Virtualization Web TV Show http://www.virtualizacion.tv

0 Kudos
srivard
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes exactly, found out my mistake. The login address is actually the ip of the machine that has the vsphere installed.

Newbee mistake lol

Sébastien

0 Kudos