VMware Horizon Community
yosifl
Contributor
Contributor

Galaxy Tab 10.1 Ver.

Hi,

the new VMware view App. is avilable at android market with galaxy tab 7" gingerbrad 2.2 or 2.3 (Android Ver.)

but i can't find the app at android market on android ver. - Honeycomb 3, 3.1

can i download it as an apk file?

thanks

josef

0 Kudos
7 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I just checked on a Galaxy 10.1 and see the app in the Market.  Can you verify?

0 Kudos
thirt
Contributor
Contributor

Hello - I just checked the android market place and cannot see the app either.

Using the link below on my GT-P7510, I see the client as being incompatible.

SC20110722-114523.jpg

Link to Market place: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.vmware.view.client.android

Android version: 3.1

Kernel version: 2.6.36.3 se.infra@SEI-07 #1

Build number: HMJ37.XXKFC P7510XXKFC

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

REALLY odd!  This is the exact model my staff and I have and I can see it and install it from the market. 

I will check the market to make sure there is not something mentioned there...

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I just checked the market and your/my model IS allowed for installs.  Are you going thru the US market?  We allowed the app in all markets, but I am just trying to help you troubleshoot.

0 Kudos
DaIceMan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have an LG P990 (LG Optimus Dual) and I also cannot see the client on the market place while my collegue with the exact same phone can. The marketplace reports it as being incompatible while my collegue has it installed and working fine. Android version 2.2.2 kernel 2.6.32.9 build FRG83G LGE version LGP990-V10b (rooted). Any feedback is welcome.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Rooted phones and tabs seem to have trouble on the compatability checks in the market.  I am not sure if there is anything we can do about that since the market does not give any options for rooted phones and tabs

0 Kudos
DaIceMan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes thanks for the reply I was aware of this as I read that others have similar problems with other apps not appearing on the marketplace. There must be some kind of additional hash or signature check apart from the version and model as even if I unroot the phone nothing changes. Some apps just don‘t get listed and the web market says that my model is not compatible with the app. However we have 2 identical LG P990s and the only difference is that I rooted mine and changed the updater with clockwork in order to backup all of my phone partitions. The market app calculates a hash somewhere as it is not region or operator bound (I tried changing that already) but simply software. What flag filters the app though is unknown...

---

Luca Forattini

0 Kudos