VMware Communities
DariousBlount
Contributor
Contributor

cluster Knoppix

I don't know how to start my own discussion so that is why I'm  hijacking this thread.  I want to know about clusterKnoppix in windows  xp through VMWare.

Here is my proposed scenario.  I'll try to word  my questions as best as possible to give a clear example.  My objective  is to get the exact answer to my question while eliminating all  confusion.  As I said before, the following is all just a scenario.

When I turn on my computer I am turning on Windows  XP.  I see a dell screen.  I see a windows XP screen.  Then I see the  start menu button.  Program files.  Everything else.  This is just  windows XP.  What I'm going to to do next is download two things.  I'm  going to download VMPlayer and I'm going to download clusterKnoppix.

After  I download VMPlayer, I'm going to create a virtual box inside of this  XP.  So we're putting a virtual box on this instance of XP.  So after we  booted up our computer, we went to start, program files, VMPlayer.   Then in VMPLayer we created a virtual box.  This virtual machine, or  virtual box, or whatever you want to call it is cluster Knoppix.

So we have navigtated to VMPlayer on our native XP system.  And inside VMPLayer we created a virtual clusterKnoppix machine.

Then  I go ahead and boot up clusterKnoppix on a few more PC's on my home  network.  clusterKnoppix shows that I have a cluster and there is a link  between all the other instances of clusterKnoppix on my network.  There  is an indicator for resource pooling in clusterKnoppix.  Is the WindowsXp native  operating system getting the benefits of the resource pooling?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

I have branched this to a new discussion

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

Welcomew to the communities. For future there is a rather large green button on the upper right called Start a Discussion.

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

The XP machine would not get the benefits if I understand your question. Only an application running on the knopix cluster would benefit and I believe only a cluster aware application.

0 Kudos