VMware Communities
Toaddy
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Player in commercial use together with VMWare Workstation

I have a question which surely has been asked to many times in the past.

I work for a small company which develops software. I'm the technical administrator and we use VMWare Workstation with 7 individual licences in our company (developers using these licences). No I want to run some VMs for testing purposes in VMWare Player.

Meanwhile VMWare Player can create new VMs with harddisks and so on. So I created a VM and realized that VMWare Player isnt meant to be used in commercial use. So what?! Our company has payed for VMWare Workstation ( seven times) and I cannot use VMWare Player?!

I also know there's a way for "distribute" VMWare Player, but distributing won't be the right solution for me. Or does it?! I don't know.

Does anyone have a hint how to move on?!

Thanks in advance...

Best greetings from sunny Germany!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Our company has payed for VMWare Workstation ( seven times) and I cannot use VMWare Player?!

The VMware Workstation licenses have no bearing whatsoever on using the standalone separately installed version of VMware Player!

I also know there's a way for "distribute" VMWare Player, but distributing won't be the right solution for me. Or does it?! I don't know.

Installing VMware Player on computers in a Commercial Environment is considered distribution and is permissible if you apply for VMware Player Redistribution.  (Player EULA Amendment 3.1.pdf)

Toaddy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot. That is what I need. All right. I will try that link.

0 Kudos