VMware Cloud Community
Webio
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OCZ RevoDrive X2 PCI-Express SSD - will it work with ESXi?

Hello,

does someone know if OCZ RevoDrive X2 PCI-Express SSD will work with VMware ESXi?

URL:

http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-revodrive-x2-pci-express-ssd.html

Thank you

0 Kudos
7 Replies
aqualityplacem
Contributor
Contributor

I am also interested in finding a list of supported PCI-e SSD cards. Is there a VMware certified list or do we need to go find the vendors then reference the compatability guide?

0 Kudos
gravia
Contributor
Contributor

Me too!!! will work with esxi 5 plataform ?

0 Kudos
reverent
Contributor
Contributor

We had a 1TB OCZ Z-Drive M series PCIe that worked flawlessly.  Then a firmware corruption issue made on of the drives in the hidden raid failed and we sent it to OCZ for replacement.  They sent us back a 960GB RevoDrive3 X2 since they don't make the Z-Drive M's anymore and ESXi doesn't pick it up.  This was on ESXi 5.0.0.

We are in serious need of another PCIe drive that will work or 1TB 2.5" SSD which apparently they have just nobody can get them.

0 Kudos
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal

Fusion IO or EMC's VFCache both work.

--Matt VCDX #52 blog.cowger.us
0 Kudos
reverent
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks I'll check them out!

edit:  OK, those are a bit out of our price range for 1TB but thanks for the suggestions.

0 Kudos
fourg
Contributor
Contributor

For those trying to figure out if an OCZ RevoDrive will work in ESXi 5.5 see my response at OCZ RevoDrive 350 on ESXi 5.5.  The short answer is yes, but you have to revert your host back to ESXi 5.1 first, then upgrade back to 5.5. 

0 Kudos
WeyantEnterpris
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, there is a list. Well, more like a searchable database. it's located here VMware Compatibility Guide - I/O Device Search

0 Kudos