VMware Horizon Community
caryers
Contributor
Contributor

Run As Administrator - ThinApp Application

I have created a ThinApp for a multi-tiered application called Permits Plus(Accela vendor). This package requires an Oracle client and a special ODBC(Data Direct vendor) application. Essentailly 3 different software products. I actually created the ThinApp by pushing the application from my SCCM paltform since it was already in inventory. (Naturally, I captured the baseline before the push, then captured the package once the push was 100% complete)

The program runs correctly on my designated ThinApp VM only if I select Run As Administrator. If I do not select Run As Administrator, the program gives me a ODBC licensing error message. If I log on as the local Administrator it runs fine without selecting the Run As Administrator(duh). However, If I have my SCCM admin folks push it to a physcial PC, this issue does not exist.

I tried to run on one of the SysInternal utilities called FileMon to assist with the troubleshooting of this issue, but could not make heads or tails of what I was seeing. Has the community ever seen this issue with a ThinApp application?

Lastly, I completed the capture of the application and copied it to my ThinApp repositiory area. I then attempted to add it to inventory, and I get the infamous Invalid path under the NAME and STATUS columns. This is like the 3rd application that has not worked becuase of this issue.

Any assistance or direction would be most helpful!

Thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

My first test would be to capture the application while doing a normal, manual installation. Not using the SCCM deployment.

What is showing the invalid MSI? Is it View administrator is it probably due to something mentioned here: http://blogs.vmware.com/thinapp/2011/03/invalid-msi-and-why.html

0 Kudos
Cievo
Commander
Commander

Can you, please, post Package.ini file?

Thank you,

***Good question is half of the answer...***
0 Kudos
caryers
Contributor
Contributor

I have attached the Package.ini for this application. Let me know what your thoughts are or what you find out.

Thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
caryers
Contributor
Contributor

I have used this linked before. I have tried all 3 options and still no luck. I am not sure how to answer your question below...

"What is showing the invalid MSI?"

(The EXEs/DAT and MSI files are all located in the \bin directory by default, so I am not sure why this is #1 on the checklist within that link you provided me.)

Thoughts?

0 Kudos