VMware Cloud Community
noufal
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware version for HP DL580 G7

I am new to VMware, pls help me.I have three HP DL580 G7 ( CPU 4*2.0GHz Octo-core)  (32 Virtual CPUs/Cores) .64GB RAM.Want to Install VMware. having the  following questing

1)Which version should I use on this server  to support up to 32 Virtual CPUs ,64-bit  and 64GB RAM on Host ? any limitation for number of CPUs.

2) Any limitation for Client O/S about CPUs or Memory .

3) How many NIC it can support .

Want to install min 4 windows 2008 64bit servers as virtual machines.

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

1) for octo cores you will need either vsphere advance or vsphere enterprise plus 2) up to maximum 8vCPU or 255GB of RAM 3) maximum 4 virtual nic per VM. but the limit of number of VM create is very high. for your case i've seen a 580 supporting around 30-40 windows servers with no problem. a proper design is important.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

1) for octo cores you will need either vsphere advance or vsphere enterprise plus 2) up to maximum 8vCPU or 255GB of RAM 3) maximum 4 virtual nic per VM. but the limit of number of VM create is very high. for your case i've seen a 580 supporting around 30-40 windows servers with no problem. a proper design is important.

0 Kudos
noufal
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the information.

can you please refer me about licensing cost?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think you would get better pricing through your VMware rep but just for information here is a link to the VMware store with the prices of the vSphere editioins.

http://www.vmware.com/vmwarestore/vsphere_purchaseoptions.html