VMware Horizon Community
Bug2fix
Contributor
Contributor

How to disable auto login?

We've recently upgraded from View 3.5 to 4.5, the only thing that's bothering me is the automatic login on the View client. I want to disable it but how can I do this serverside? When you install the client you are given the choice wether to install it or not, but there's no policy setting on the View manager to disable it.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Are you referring to the login as current user option available on the View Client?   If so there is a vdm_client GPO available on the connection broker that will allow you to set this paramater.   You can find it under C:\program files\vmware\VMware View\Server\extras\GroupPolicyFiles.

eeg3
Commander
Commander

To disable "Auto Login As Current User", you can modify this through registry keys on the client.

Blog: http://blog.eeg3.net
0 Kudos
Bug2fix
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, this seems to work, thanks a lot.

You have to create a string value on the View desktop (where the agent is installed) in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\Agent\Configuration called 'AllowSingleSingon' with value '0'.

You can also use this adm file on the View connection server: C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\extras\GroupPolicyFiles\vdm_agent.adm

0 Kudos