VMware Cloud Community
vBlockJFK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

disassociateServiceProfilefromBlade returns incorrect response.

I've tried multiple times to use the Deassign a service profile from a blade workflow, with no success. I get an error message stating that the service profile is not assigned to a blade. But I know that it _is_ assigned to a blade. Are there any bug reports on this? Has anyone run into this problem? Is there something I'm missing?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
igorstoyanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There is no any know defects associated with this workflow. It has been fully tested and I just performed a few different scenarios with associating and deassociating service profiles and the workflow did worked.

Could you please provide more additional information like UCS emulator or real hardware, UCS version, the service profile was associated with a workflow or through UCS Manager, how much time is passing between associating and deassociating, probably screen shots of the blade and the service profile panels in the UCS Manager.

Thanks,

Igor.

Visit http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator for the latest in Cloud Orchestration.
0 Kudos
vBlockJFK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It was associated to the blade by associating the Service Profile Template it’s attached to to a Server Pool, on a live UCS system. This was done through the UCSM. Even after the blades is configured, it still fails with the same error message.

Thanks,

John Kennedy

Message was edited by: a.p. - Removed phone number, email address, ... from the footer

0 Kudos
vBlockJFK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Also, when assigning via the UCSM plugin, deassigning seems to work. Perhaps I'm confused on the term "assign" versus "associate".

0 Kudos
vBlockJFK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here's what I've found:

When a ServiceProfile is assigned directly to a blade, via UCSM or Orchestrator, then Deassign a Service Profile works.

When a ServiceProfile is assigned to a Server Pool, via UCSM, then Deassign a Service Profile works.

When a Service Profile Template is Associated with a Server Pool,  then Deassign a Service Profile does not work, even though the associated Service profiles are assigned to blades.

0 Kudos
igorstoyanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi John,

Thanks for the detailed information that you kindly provided. The vCO UCS plug-in deals with Service Profile and Service Profile Template differently. The intended functionality of "Deassing a service profile from a blade" is only for the first two cases that you pointed out:

>When a ServiceProfile is assigned directly to a blade, via UCSM or Orchestrator, then Deassign a Service Profile works.

>When a ServiceProfile is assigned to a Server Pool, via UCSM, then Deassign a Service Profile works.

I am not an expert in Cisco UCS but when you associate a Service Profile Template with a Server Pool then no Service Profile is created or assigned to a blade. So, I can't understand exactly the use case. A few screen shots from the UCS Manager with the service profile and the the associated blade could be helpful but I am not sure that the particular workflow can work in such a way.

Thanks.

Visit http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator for the latest in Cloud Orchestration.
0 Kudos