VMware Horizon Community
MAHC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View 4.6/PCoIP Issues with V90L from Wyse

I have recently upgraded to Vmware View 4.6 using PCoIP but am having some interesting issues. Before I get to describing my issues my current ESX revision is 4.1 and my thin clients are the Wyse V90L with XPe SP2.  My virtual clients are Windows XP Pro SP3 (32-bit) with View 4.6 agents.

The first issue I am having is that after a few minuets of use the mouse begins to have about 5 or 6 different colored lines that fallow the mouse while being used.  Has anyone else seen this before and how do I fix this?

The Next Issue I am having is with the same thin clients and same VM's where when using Outlook the user may click on the "File, New Email" option but when they click "File" there is just a outline of where the menu would normally drop down.  We have also seen this happen with the start menu as well in windows. Has anyone seen this before or had success in fixing it?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
7 Replies
dquintana
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello MAHC, wich protocol are you using? pcoip? or RDP?  and what is the build of the OS thin client and view 4.6?

Do you test it reducing the bit color to 16 ?

Diego Quintana

Ing. Diego Quintana - VMware Communities Moderator - Co Founder & CEO at Wetcom Group - vEXPERT From 2010 to 2020- VCP, VSP, VTSP, VAC - Twitter: @daquintana - Blog: http://www.wetcom.com-blog & http://www.diegoquintana.net - Enjoy the vmware communities !!!

0 Kudos
MAHC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sorry for the delayed responce.  The devices are currently using PCoIP and the OS Build of the V90L is Version 5.02 (Build 0625.512).  The bit color is already set to 16.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
MAHC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just as a test I upgraded a couple of my thin clients to have a 1GB flash memory chip so I can put the latest firmware on it  (0673) but unfortunately it did not fix anything.  Does anyone have any other ideas I can try to keep my menus from disappearing?

0 Kudos
MindTheGreg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just start eliminating possibilites till you find the answer.

1. Does this happen when using RDP?

2. Does this happen when using a fat client?

3. Does this happen when using a pool that's running Win 7/Vista?

Set-Annotation -CustomAttribute "The Impossible" -Value "Done and that makes us mighty"
0 Kudos
MAHC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

1. Does this happen when using RDP?                  NO

2. Does this happen when using a fat client?         NO

3. Does this happen when using a pool that's running Win 7/Vista?   YES

0 Kudos
MindTheGreg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Guess I should have read the title of your post again. That's pretty specific. Might be good to ask Wyse. http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsupport/ I mean they market these things for use with View. I'm not using V90Ls or I might have been able to help more.

Set-Annotation -CustomAttribute "The Impossible" -Value "Done and that makes us mighty"
0 Kudos
vmpro
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I was wondering if this issue was ever resolved for your company? We recently rolled out 80 V90LE's with PCoIP and the same problem occurs with no fix known.

0 Kudos