VMware Horizon Community
novell1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to troubleshoot Link Clone VM?

HI,

I installed on a small network View 4.6. I created a Pool with link clones Automated-Dedicated. If I want to connect, login is ok and I can click my created link clone Desktop but then I searches and says no desktop available. The View agent is installed on the Win7 VM, the composer is installed and service startet on the Virtual-Center server.

I deleted the link clone automated pool and created a manual Pool. this works fine. So the problem is with link clones, maybe a problem from the composerservice on the VC server?

Where can I check the problem?

Thanks a lot!

regards

Novell1

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

is the status in the view admin shows available for the desktop? is the desktop being assigned with the right range and DNS from DHCP server?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Along the lines of what idle-jame has stated.  You will need to verify that the clone is reading as available from View Manager.   It could be hanging up on the customization or deploying process.   You also need to verify that communication is fine which will include dhcp, dns, and that no firewalls are blocking communication between the clone, connection broker, or physical desktop

0 Kudos