VMware Cloud Community
jkroeger
Contributor
Contributor

Problems with ESXi 4.1 an iSCSI LUNs

Hi together,

i have performance problems using VMWare ESXi 4.1 with iSCSI LUNs under OS Windows 2003. I'm using a EMC AX4 as my SAN Storage.

I configured two iSCSI LUNs on my SAN storage and configured a separately vSwitch for the VMKernel with 2 Network-Cards. This two Networkcards a directly connected to my SAN Storage. My two Windows 2003 Systems runs currently both on one LUN and had configured both a LSI Logic HostController. Both Machine a very slow and when i check the performance of the virt. Machine i see a "high" latency above 100ms for the virt. disks. What can be wrong here? The storage is fine and has no error and the write/read cache is enabled. I would like to increase the memory of the system, but where can i do that for an ESXi machine? I can't find it under the VMWare Client. Do anyone else had an idea to solve the problem?

Thanks for your answer!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vSolid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Why do you want to increase your ESXi memory ??

would yoo please chech your vswitch ports setting that you configure it for stroage, make sure both of them are 1000MB

0 Kudos
jkroeger
Contributor
Contributor

The speed of all network cards are all 1000MB. Also the service processors of the storage.

Is the VMKernel not use the memory of the host to handle the iSCSI requests?

0 Kudos