3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2011 2:19 PM by sgunelius

Thank you to everyone that made it out to the VMUG!

sternerc Novice

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to thank everyone for coming out last night and joining us the VMUG.   A big thanks to Unidesk, Pano Logic, and especially Phykentech for putting on a great spread and providing some great discussion.   As always I urge you tell your friends about the VMUG and try to get them involved both at the events and here on our forum.   Remember to check out the new MYVMUG.ORG web site and learn more about the VMUG Advantage program.

Thanks again,

Chris Sterner

• 1. Re: Thank you to everyone that made it out to the VMUG!
          sgunelius Expert

Chris,

I'm sorry I missed the last meeting, it sounded like a good one and I'm viewing the slidedeck.  Now that the new VMUG site is up, should we rejoin the Orlando VMUG through that site?  Thanks.

Cheers,

Scott F. Gunelius

• 2. Re: Thank you to everyone that made it out to the VMUG!
            sternerc Novice

No worries Scott.  Sorry we missed you this go-round.  It looks like you may need to sign back up on the new site.   Personaly I tried to log in and it failed so I said I forgot my password and the site recongnized my email address and they sent me a temp.   Once I logged in it had most of my profile info already filled in so it looks like a bunch of that stuff came over.   It will prompt you to change your password once you log in with your temp password.

Great question!  I hadn't tried to log in previously.

Cheers,

Chris

• 3. Re: Thank you to everyone that made it out to the VMUG!
              sgunelius Expert

Chris,

Thanks for the quick response; I got myself setup on their site with no problem.  Would you happen to know if the site is actually run by VMware or did they contract this out?  I'm guessing the latter as I ran across a spelling error on the section "How Familiar are you with VMware", so being the OCD/IT person that I am, I notified them at their info@myvmug.org address.  By the way, there is a fairly active group of Orange County government VMware users founded by Luis Torres of their ISS Virtual Team.  I don't know if they participate with the Orlando area VMUG; if not, I'll try to get them plugged in.

Cheers,

Scott F. Gunelius