VMware Cloud Community
wb2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

strange datastore inventory listings

esxi 4.1

I have the "Inventroy-->Datastores" view open in vsphere.  What is weird, is that it shows one of my VMs sitting on the local host's datastore(local hard drive) and then it also shows the same VM sitting on another datastore on my SAN.  I have 4 templates setup as well that are reflected the same way.  I don't have any VMs stored on the local host's datastore(local hard drives) so I'm not sure why it is reflected this way.  I even browsed to make sure there wasn't some sort of copy.  Has anyone ever seen this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

do you have an ISO on local storage that may be connected to a guest?  Check the VM in question to see if anything is mounted, also check th HDD's to see where their vmdks are pointing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

do you have an ISO on local storage that may be connected to a guest?  Check the VM in question to see if anything is mounted, also check th HDD's to see where their vmdks are pointing.

0 Kudos
wb2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That's exactly it.  Do you know how to disconnect the cd/iso connection to the host from a template?  I don't see a way of editing the settings.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you would have to convert the template to a VM, then umount the iso

Capture.PNG