VMware Horizon Community
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

How to load test a View cluster?

Hi ALl,

We are planning a View cluster with a few hundred VM's.  We need to simulate a workload on the cluster to ensure that the design is sound (storage, CPU, memory, etc.).

The sizing charts are ok, but I need a real test.

I have read that some people use the Microsoft Terminal Server Scripts (TBScript.exe, Robo Server and Robo Client).  Those are older scripts, so I wanted to check with the community to see if VMware had released any tools based on VDI?

Is there a best practice tool for load testing View?

Thanks,
Drew

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

If you are a VMware Partner you should have a look at RAWC thats found on VMware Partnercentral.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

If you are a VMware Partner you should have a look at RAWC thats found on VMware Partnercentral.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Outstanding.  That is exactly what I need.  I am working on getting a copy!

Thanks,
Drew

0 Kudos
JoJoGabor
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Failing that, VSI from loginconsultants is very good and is fast coming the industry standard benchmark for VDI and Terminal Server workloads.

vdi2000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i would recommend you vdi sizing tool from vdi-sizing.com  - it's flexible and scalable way to stress test / benchmark your environment

admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Thanks for the replies, I will keep these tools in my back pocket.  I have invested a ton of time in View Planner so far.

Thanks,

Drew

0 Kudos