VMware Cloud Community
MauricioS
Contributor
Contributor

Error: 2147754774 - VMWare Standalone Converter

Hi dudes,

I can't do the backup of virtual machine (VMWARE Vsphere Hypervisor 4.1) using "VMWARE Standalone Converter 4.3". I tried to move this to another VMWARE Vsphere Hypervisior 4.1.

When started the process, Standalone Converter failed in 1% and return the message:

FAILED: Unable to create a VSS snapshot of the source volume(s). Error code:
2147754774 (0x80042316).

I tried to repair the vmware standalone converter, reboot the VM, restart all the services manually, the destination VMWARE Vpshere has disk space necessary for the copy ....

i didn't found any answer in the internet.

I dont know what happend !!!! please help!

thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos
MauricioS
Contributor
Contributor

hi thanks for the reply.

My virtual machine is just one disk (basic) with one particion (NFTS). I tried to use a old version of standalone converter (3.0) and acronis enterprise image too, after pass the regedit cleaner, but both failed in the copy. I can't find the service about "Shadou Copies" in the windows services :/.

So, i tried to take another way, using the Veeam Backup and FastSCP. After copy de image, i will apply the disk image (.vmdk) but always return a message error about power error (???).

What can i do !!! please help rsrsr

thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Cyberfed27
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Is is a Windows 2008 R2 machine you are trying to convert?

I've seen UAC issues on R2 machines mess up conversions.

0 Kudos
MauricioS
Contributor
Contributor

Is Windows 2003 Standard 32bits SP2 ENG.

Yes i tried to disable all services then wasn't really necessary but the happens again 😕

0 Kudos
MauricioS
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for help,

I finally find de solution! I has installed Acronis Enterprise Backup and this broken a register key about VSS service (Shadow Copy).

HKLM -> SYSTEM -> CURRENT CONTROL SET -> SERVICES -> VSS -> PROVIDERS -> (Delete de register key that means about "acronis" in the display name).

Good luck Smiley Wink

0 Kudos