VMware Cloud Community
cdc1
Expert
Expert

IBM BladeCenter HS22 Running ESXi 4.1 Installable - HCL Says a 4.0U1 Patch Is Required?

We have a bunch of BladeCenter HS22's with Intel Xeon E5540 CPU's in them, running UEFI P9E151B, and we are looking at downgrading a few of them to P9E148A in order to troubleshoot a PSoD issue.

Looking at the VMware HCL for this device, it says that for ESXi 4.1 Installable, Patch (Release Name ESXi400-201002001, Bulletin ID ESXi400-201002401-BG) "or newer" is required for systems with UEFI P9E146C, but it does not list the footnote for UEFI P9E150B (suggesting that it is not required for that UEFI release.

Am I correct in assuming that the "or newer" clause in that statement means that the fix that is included with the listed Patch Release Name is already included in the "newer" releases of ESXi (i.e.: ESXi 4.1 Installable)?  If so, why does the HCL have the "1" footnote designation next to "ESXi 4.1 Installable" in the "Supported Releases" column?  If not, where on earth do I find that patch for ESXi 4.1 Installable, as the patch listed is ESXi 4.0 Update1, and will not install on ESXi 4.1 Installable.

Also, regarding the UEFI levels listed, would I be correct in assuming that the UEFI releases newer than P9E146C would not require the patch?  If not, then again, where can I find the corresponding patch for ESXi 4.1 Installable?

Hoping somebody from VMware responds to this.  Thanks!

HCL-HS22_1.JPG

HCL-HS22_2.JPG

0 Kudos
0 Replies