VMware Cloud Community
tlyczko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

correct location for HP NMI offline bundle file??

I have the bundle on a local drive, not a http repository...

Using vCLI command on either my notebook or vCenter server

vihostupdate.pl –server 172.17.0.27 –-username root –-install –-bundle D:\offline-bundle\hp-nmi-bundle-1.1.02.zip

I get asked to login as root, then root password, then run the above command

and get an error connecting to server at https://localhost/sdk/webService, perhaps host is not a vCenter or ESX server

On the vCenter error with vCLI I get an error about the --bundle switch

Where/what is the correct location to place the hp-nmi-bundle-1.1.02.zip file such that it can be found by the updater??

On the vCenter server?? if so, where on/in the vCenter server??

The example in the vCLI manual says http://<webserver>/depot/metadata.zip -- what webserver should it be??

Thank you, Tom

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

When  you specify '--password', you need to supply the password, else leave it out, and you will be prompted.

If you're specifying the to-be-updated ESXi using --server, then you don't need the --vihost option.

The --bundle specifies the bundle on the client machine that you wish to install on the remote esxi server.  The /sdk/webService path is appended by the cli, which is the actual path that you're talking to on the ESXi host itself.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
manfriday
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This is what I do:

vihostpupdate.pl --server servername --username root --password password --b d:\pathtobundle\bundlename.zip --install

0 Kudos
tlyczko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I understand now that --server refers to the VMware server but not where to put the zip file on the server nor how to specify which host is to receive the bundle update...

What should the statement be to tell vihostupdate the to-be-updated host and where to put the zip file on the vCenter server??

I tried vihostupdate.pl --server <vCenter server> --vihost <x.x.x.x> --username root --password --bundle D:\offline-bundle\hp-nmi-bundle-1.1.02.zip --install

and get errors etc.

I looked for 'sdk/webService and do not find it...not even in the server parts of the installation...???

0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

When  you specify '--password', you need to supply the password, else leave it out, and you will be prompted.

If you're specifying the to-be-updated ESXi using --server, then you don't need the --vihost option.

The --bundle specifies the bundle on the client machine that you wish to install on the remote esxi server.  The /sdk/webService path is appended by the cli, which is the actual path that you're talking to on the ESXi host itself.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
tlyczko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Kanuj, you cleared up things a lot...

I did vihostupdate.pl --server <x.x.x.x>  --username root --bundle  D:\offline-bundle\hp-nmi-bundle-1.1.02.zip --install

from the vCenter server and it worked...but not from my workstation...

Thank you, Tom

0 Kudos