VMware Cloud Community
bradley4681
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

powercli firewall ports

if i have a vCenter behind a firewall and want to run powercli scripts against it from outside this firewall, what ports need to be open? does it use 443 to hit vCenter?

fyi this is on a private network so i'm not trying to access a VC over the internet, it's an internel firewalled network.

Cheers! If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I think so because those cmdlets use the VIX that is installed on the client where you run the scripts.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello

Good afternoon from Canada

It should use port 443 to make a connection with vCenter.

Regards

LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I suspect that if you want to use some of the guest cmdlets like Invoke-VMScript or Copy-VMGuestFile, you would also need port 902 to the ESX server that hosts the guest.

bradley4681
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

even if your only connecting through the vCenter and not hosts directly?

Cheers! If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I think so because those cmdlets use the VIX that is installed on the client where you run the scripts.

0 Kudos
bradley4681
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

you were correct on the ports!

0 Kudos