VMware Horizon Community
Bamdad63
Contributor
Contributor

Location of the project Folder outside the Bin folder

Hi there,

I noticed by softwre a license file will be created during the installation in the folder:

"Drive:\Document and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Name of the Software Company\Software Name"

Let assume the software is packeged for the USB option. When running the exceutable from the Bin folder, a folder with the name of the project will be created in the Bin folder and the license file will be dumped into it. When running the execuable, since the license file cannot be found, the execuable prompt for it and will not run. My question would be: is it possible to force the packaging to create a folder in a certain place with a certain name like the address above?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Theike
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Yes, this is possible.

This type of problem occurs relative often. What you need is a script (or if you have a programmer: extension dll) that pushes a file to the native system.

Note: you state appdata, note that on Win7 there is a %appdata% for roaming and local profiles... %appdata% by default refers to roaming profile. Check which your app uses if you target that platform.

Steps (generalized):

- Set the isolation mode for the folder in question (%appdata%, subfolder "\Name of the Software Company\Software Name" in your case) to 'Merged' using a ##attributes.ini. (file atached)

- In the capture, include the desired file needed on the native system with a '.template' extension appended (or similar)

- Create a VBScript and give it a unique name in your application (like the sandboxname) to prevent conflicts when using applinking (if all have 'thinapp.vbs' you get a naming conflict/undefined behaviour due to duplicate). This VB has to copy the 'template' file to the correct place. To only do this on app start add  it to the 'onfirstsandboxowner'-placeholder/handler

(example VB appended. I did not test it and it might require some tweaking...)

I hope this answers your question...

Kind regards,

Michael Baars - CIS

(Please mark the question answered if so and reward helping participants with assigning points)

Michael Baars - Comprehensive ICT Solutions (NL, Weert) (Remember to mark the post answered and reward points to those who helped you...)
0 Kudos
Bamdad63
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I want to thank you for the quick response.  I am a newbie. Could you please shed more light by sending me an example of what you explaining?

Best regards

0 Kudos