The Perl installation is not in the Path environment variable. Add the following location to the Path environment variable:
I think the Perl installation is not in the Path environment variable.
C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware VI Remote CLI\Perl\bin
- Right click My Computer
- Select Properties from the context menu
- Select the Advanced system settings
- Click Environment Variables button
- Select Path in the System Variables and click Edit
- Add the following line ";C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware VI Remote CLI\Perl\bin" to the Path variable
Restart the command prompt for the Path to take effect
Fantastic! worked like charm!
Thanks v much Baecke
Np have fun with it
At my customer site the CLI install put a incorrect PATH variable in, but when you preview the dialog box the most recently added one was obviously the CLI folder so I skipped past that step. I had to look again and for whatever reason the installer gave it this path variable
C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware VI Remote CLI\Perl\site\bin
not sure where "site" came from, bug perhaps?