VMware Cloud Community
jof
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vShield Zones + SRM

Hi,

I'm just wondering is there any issues with running SRM on a VM and have vShield zones running on the host.

I know in the docs for vShield it says that vCenter VM should not be on a host with vShield but I can't find any thing on SRM. Does anyone know of any issues i should look out for?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jof
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Looking at this again and i don't think there should be an issue with having SRM installed on a VM in this case.

As a follow on form this:

Can I use SRM to protect VMs that are on hosts with vShield zones installed?  vShield zones will also be installed in the DR site.

Thanks

0 Kudos
fabro
Contributor
Contributor

Hi jof!

Can I ask you how was your experience with SRM + vShield? Did you find any trouble configuring or doing a failover?

Thanks!

Regards,

Fabro.

0 Kudos
jof
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Fabro,

Unfortunately for a number of reasons it was decided not to use vShield zones in this instance. And i have not had resources or opportunity to lab this scenario to see if/how well it works.Checking the current VMware Product Interoperabilty Matrixes returned the following:

SRM&vShield.PNG

So it appears that there is very limited compatibilty between these products. Sorry I can't be more helpful on this but if i do get a chance to lab this scenario I will post results for what i find.

Regards,

jof

0 Kudos