VMware Edu & Cert Community
mfrycz
Contributor
Contributor

VMware ID Card

Hi,

Just as a loud thought (not sure if anyone ask this before as I couldn't found this searching the forum) but what about plastic version of your qualification?

I mean when you get your nr on VCP exam it stays with you (isn't it?) so why not provide plastic card similar to "credit card"... but with your picture and all fancy graphics from VMware and your precious # so you can show at any occasion...

What do you think and why haven't this been implemented so far... Maybe there is something to hold back this idea which I am not aware of...

Please feel free to comment as you feel is appropriate, but i would like to get here an definite Yes/No backed by facts from VMware guys if possible Smiley Happy

As always curious,

M.F. Smiley Wink

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Send an email to Jon Hall jonh@vmware.com with your idea.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
mfrycz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott,

Email is flying to John's mail box just now Smiley Happy

Cant wait for the feedback...

0 Kudos
mfrycz
Contributor
Contributor

Scott that was a good call Smiley Happy

Just got an answer from Jon Hall and he will escalate this idea higher Smiley Happy

I just couldnt imagine how happy i will be when this will go through and be accepted Smiley Happy 

I will keep posting updates if anything new comes to my attention.

M.F.

0 Kudos
MytTHconception
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone heard any new updates on this?

Would be cool to have vcp4 and vcp5 on an official wallet card

-- Michael T. Hart Solution Architect MCITP, MCSE, MCSA, VCP,vExpert (2009-2017) CCA SingleSource IT | Veteran Owned Company P : 812.952.9890 ext 700 http://www.ssit502.com Twitter: https://twitter.com/ssit502 LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/singlesource-it-louisville-ky-
0 Kudos
mfrycz
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't hear from John since this idea has been rised.

But yes it still looks (at last to me) as a great way to appreciate all people that put effort and time to get certified...

PS. How many guys are wearing VCAP "hat's" ? Smiley Wink and how many would carry plastic ID card...

0 Kudos
slaclair
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

mfrycz wrote:

I haven't hear from John since this idea has been rised.

But yes it still looks (at last to me) as a great way to appreciate all people that put effort and time to get certified...

PS. How many guys are wearing VCAP "hat's" ? Smiley Wink and how many would carry plastic ID card...

My Girlfriend wears my hat, it's too small for my head and seems a little too nerdy.  I'm waiting for some vNerd to approach her in the grocery store about it.  I doubt I would carry the VCP card either.

I do have a I ❤️ VMware sticker on my track car, that normally starts up some conversations.

VCAP5-DCD/DCA/CIA, VCA4-DT
0 Kudos
simonhamiltonwi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yeah my two vCAPs went to Goodwill and I long since lost/accidentally threw away all the Cisco wallet cards I once had.

I love that VCP comes with a Workstation license, my ideal would be for the more advanced certs to come with a credit towards a VMTN subscription (assuming there's one to be had) or logo merchandise for those that want it, even if it's only $25.

0 Kudos
mfrycz
Contributor
Contributor

simonhamiltonwilkes wrote:

Yeah my two vCAPs went to Goodwill and I long since lost/accidentally threw away all the Cisco wallet cards I once had.

I love that VCP comes with a Workstation license, my ideal would be for the more advanced certs to come with a credit towards a VMTN subscription (assuming there's one to be had) or logo merchandise for those that want it, even if it's only $25.

That is a really good point and not sure if it is such a "BIG" problem to releasi it separately (VMTN) not include it ie with http://www.myvmug.org/ subscriptions (i believe myvmug is already strong enough to coupe with this)

0 Kudos