VMware Edu & Cert Community
mark_chuman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Mindmap of 10 pdf files relevant to VCP4

You'll need this program (http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page) to open the "mm" file in the zip.

pdf files covered:

vsp_40_availability.pdf

vsp_40_esx_server_config.pdf

vsp_40_u1_admin_guide.pdf

Setup_for_Failover_Clustering_and_Microsoft_Cluster_Services.pdf

vsp_41_upgrade_guide.pdf

vsp_41_resource_mgmt.pdf

vsp_41_esxi_e_vc_setup_guide.pdf

vsp_41_san_cfg.pdf

vdr_12_admin.pdf

vsp_41_iscsi_san_cfg.pdf

0 Kudos
6 Replies
achvn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello mark.chuman,

I find this is quite a nice tool to check one's knowledge before taking the exam, thank you !

Regards,

Alexis

0 Kudos
techvet1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for posting.

0 Kudos
jonhall
Expert
Expert

Hi Mark,

This looks like a nice tool, maybe you could post a little bit explaining to the community the usefulness of this tool versus perusing each of the PDF's separately.  That way, new candidates could get an idea of how this could help them...

Jon C. Hall

Sr. Technical Certification Developer

jonh@vmware.com

Jon C. Hall Technical Certification Developer VMware, Inc.
0 Kudos
mark_chuman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hey Jon.  Everyone has their own method for preparing for exams etc..  For me, this mind mapping tool doesn't replace the PDFs.  I actually disect each PDF and build maps for each one.  In my preparation, understanding the concepts and ideas comes first (reading PDFs) and then memorizing all the details comes next (memorizing all the details in the mind map).  The mind mapping software is basically flash cards on steroids.  For preparation purposes it allows you to create a dynamic, detailed outline of the PDFs that easily lends itself to future memorization.  When memorizing the details a user can say mark each node in green once he/she has learned the detail.  Ultimately all nodes are marked with green and you are ready to go for the examination.  I feel that if I can understand and memorize all the PDFs I'll have a really good shot at the exam (of course heavy doses of experience is needed).  I would also think these could be used as a reference tool as well, but currently I don't use them for that purpose.

0 Kudos
nava_thulasi39

It looks nice as a reference tool. Smiley Happy

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

thanks! i find it very useful.

0 Kudos