VMware Cloud Community
PduPreez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Cannot remove Plugin from VCenter

I am trying to remove VSC 2.0 plugin from VCenter

The app is already uninstalled from programs and features, but the plugin is still visible in VCenter.

The Problem is if I install the new VSC 2.0.1 the new plugin does not register in the plugin window, I presume because the old one is still there.

I have followed virtualchic's proccess:

http:ip of vc server\mob

Click on content, then on Extention manager, find the extention in your list and then click on unregister Extention , Put the extention name in from previous screen, click Invole Method

The plugin disappers from the Extension Manager View for about 10seconds, then it pops right back

Currently there ore no VSC installed

What should i do to remove this Plugin??

Please Help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
piaroa
Expert
Expert

Have you tried installing the VSC 2.0 back, and then trying to remove the plug-in from vCenter while VSC is still installed?

If this post has been helpful/solved your issue, please mark the thread and award points as you see fit. Thanks!
GaneshNetworks

Have you tried this after restarting VC server service.

Thanks,

Ganesh

~GaneshNetworks™~ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
PduPreez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have tried to reinstall VCS 2.0 and tried to delete it before, without checking if the reinstall worked

I also tried a restart with no luck.

What I have done is reinstalled VSC 2.0 and reconfigured it again (registered & download install from Plugins) and checked that it was working as before.

Then I removed the plugin through the "MOB" page, and the plugin stayed removed Smiley Happy

After that i uninstalled VCS 2.0, reinstalled 2.0.1 and all working hundreds.

Thanks for the help

Happy Virtualizing

0 Kudos
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please take a look at this blog entry on fully unregistering a vCenter plugin - http://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2010/07/how-to-unregister-vcenter.html

0 Kudos