VMware Cloud Community
vmproteau
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Update Manager for ESXi 4.1 Installable

I create fixed patches and am setting up ESXi installable baselines. There is no choice to filter for ESXi Installable. (see attached image)

(1) Is "embeddedESX 4.1.0" what I should filter on to patch ESXi 4.1 installable?

(2) Should I include "esx 4.1.0" from the product list as well or will all ESXi installable be found filtering only for "embeddedESX 4.1.0".

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ham21
Contributor
Contributor

You should go for the CLI mode in case of ESXi ver 4

0 Kudos
vmproteau
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not really clear what that means but I've been using Update Manager from the GUI since it came out and have never had one issue.

My question is specifically about the product choices when filtering. My assumption is ESXi Embedded and ESXi Installable are interchangeable with respect to update manager but, since it explicitly says Embedded and there is no choice for installable I'm trying to get confirmation/clarification.

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

You just need to select the embedded product and it covers Installable and Embedded.  If you have a mix of ESXi 4.x hosts you can select All EESX.

0 Kudos
vmproteau
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks. We'll be all ESXi after this current upgrade cycle. Appreciate the reply.

0 Kudos