VMware Cloud Community
aravinds3107
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

vMotion/iSCSI network

Hello,

Recently I have installed 2 ESXi 4.1 host with iSCSI Storage and configure the Management NIC and vMotion on a different network. When I try to configure VMkernel port for vMotion and iSCSI it asks for DG (which is grayed out) but we use broadcast IP for iSCSI and vMotion.

I am not able to PING my vMotion and iSCSI IP of other ESXi hosts.

Configuration as below:

ESXi Management:

IP : 10.33.21.*

DG : 10.33.21.1

vMotion :

IP:192.168.122.*

SM:255.255.255.0

Broadcast IP: 192.168.122.255

iSCSI

IP : 192.168.123.1

SM : 255.255.255.128

Broadcast IP : 192.168.123.127

All networks are in different vLAN’s , Will the configuration which I have done will work?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful |Blog: http://aravindsivaraman.com/ | Twitter : ss_aravind
0 Kudos
3 Replies
aravinds3107
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Issue is solved now,

When I configured vMotion and iSCSI storage i have assignd VLAN ID there, when i took the vLAN ID i am able to PING vMotion and iSCSI IP from other ESX1 hosts.

We are using vLAN on the Physcial switched so it should take care of vLAN segements.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful |Blog: http://aravindsivaraman.com/ | Twitter : ss_aravind
0 Kudos
sivagndl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI

All network should be in same network

Then only Ucan commincate that one....

and

R u enable the vMotion and iSCSI client......(select host and goto confiration tab under that one select Security profile go propertios)

Check it once..

0 Kudos
amalanco8
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

so, you dont use a gateway for your 192.168.122.x and 192.168.123 subnets? because if you do you can set static routes for those subnets using esxcfg-route.

regards.

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" / "helpful".

My blog virtualización en tu idioma

blog.hispavirt.com // virtualización en tu idioma VCDX#141
0 Kudos