VMware Communities
Kenneth868
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Anyone tried version 3.1.2 ?

Notice VMware just release an upgrade (3.1.2) of Fusion and wonder if anyone tried.

I'm specially concern (may be it is just my problem) on running one Windows XP VM

for some time, my host (Snow Leopard with latest update) become sluggish.

PS: Because I'm in the middle of business trip so have not opportunity to try it.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
dp_fusion
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It installed cleanly here and runs fine. I don't see yet any difference vs 3.1.1 in Win7, XP, Solaris 10, RedHat Linux 5.5, or RedHat Linux 6.0. So far, it just works. I intentionally did not read the release notes so as not to nudge my first impressions. It's like a good haircut - can't tell anything's happened.

0 Kudos
djdawson
Contributor
Contributor

I just upgraded an hour or two ago and have noticed one issue that I'm still looking into. I had modified the "boot.sh" script in order to manually specify which of my two network interfaces were used for what in my Windows XP VM (one has a bridged connection and the other has a NAT connection). This broke with the update, and the new boot.sh file seems different enough that the old patch no longer seems like it'll work (at least not in any obvious way). Like I said, I'm still looking into this so there may be an easy answer, but the fact that I visited these forums to find an answer means that it may not be a trivial fix. I'll post a follow-up here if I find an answer.

UPDATE: I saw in another thread that it's not unusual for bridged interfaces to disappear after an upgrade, and that the fix is to delete the network interfaces from the VM, reboot it, and then add them back in. I did this and now my interfaces are back the way they were, so this was just a minor upgrade inconvenience. On the plus side, the VMWare network settings now allow one to specify the host interface to be used, so the previous patch to do that is no longer necessary. VMWare just keeps getting better...

Message was edited by: djdawson

0 Kudos
ChipMcK
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

According the Release Notes, there are no enhancements in 3.1.2, as of Dec 4.

So, anyone find any other un-announcements?

0 Kudos
Kenneth868
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Upgraded today to the latest version (3.1.2) and did not solve my sluggish host problem.

Just keep it in my iMac because my company invest heavily on VMWare solution and

need keep using VMWare vm for some task.

0 Kudos
belfio
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Everything works fine, host and vm(s) (windows xp, Windows 7 and ubuntu 10.04 OS)

In Ubuntu 10.10 i've stil a problem with networking and vmtools. (there is a post for this)

Even if not requested a reboot is a good thing after upgrading.

0 Kudos