VMware Horizon Community
regmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Automated Pool Error: SGT: View Composer Fault: VMware.Sim.Fault.VcDatastoreInaccessibleFault

Hi Expert,

When setting for linked-clone pool I got this error. I do not understand why, because everything seems to be correct.

Vmware View 4.5

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

What kind of storage are you using? NFS, FC or iSCSI? You should also check the View Composer logfile on your vCenter Server. Should be in c:\windows\temp

Regards,

Christoph

Don't forget to award the points if this answer was helpful for you.

Blog:

0 Kudos
regmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying.

Its FC and iScsi.

Error Log:

1 'App' 4068 info] Info[Windisk_GetVolumeDeviceNumber]: IOCTL_GET_STORAGE_DEVICE_NUMBER for volume
?\Volume{3bf32b05-5339-11df-b06e-806e6f6e6963}\ is not supported .... Trying NT method.

Error[Windisk_GetVolumeDeviceNumber]:Failed to get
?\Volume{3bf32b05-5339-11df-b06e-806e6f6e6963}\ Volume's disk number

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

did you use the Buslogic or the LSIlogic SCSI driver in the VM?

Regards.

Christoph

0 Kudos
regmaster
Contributor
Contributor

LSI Logic SAS

0 Kudos
regmaster
Contributor
Contributor

I try googling for this error but seems that its not many. So really appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
bwilsor
Contributor
Contributor

I was just having a similar problem in my 4.01 environment. After oodles of googleing i came across this Link

I followed the resolution recommend in the link and everything has been working properly now.

0 Kudos
krismcewan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thats a good link

unfortunately the sql query returns nothing for me and yet my problem still persists

A VMware Consultant in Scotland for Taupo Consulting http://www.taupoconsulting.co.uk If you think I'm right or helpful award me some points please
0 Kudos
emmar
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

we are seeing the same error. it looks like if you have an hosts in the cluster that dont see all the required LUNs, you get this error - the bizarre thing is that we have new ESX hosts in the cluster that dont have access to all the LUNs but these are still in maintenance mode.

I also found this  "Note that this also happens even if this new host is in maintenance mode. The solution is to move the host out of the cluster until it can see all the needed datastores."

http://vmfaq.com/entry/80/

Seems like View ignores or doesnt recognise that hosts are in Maintenance mode?

Cheers

E

0 Kudos