VMware Horizon Community
ProPenguin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

KIOSK Mode no Auto Login

Does anyone know how to make it where you set your client to do kiosk mode but instead of logging in, it just goes to the CTRLALTDELETE screen?

Thank you

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
eeg3
Commander
Commander

It sounds like what you want is a floating non-persistent pool, not Kiosk Mode. This would allow users to log in with their credentials and get a temporary desktop that would be re-usable when they log off.

blog.eeg3.net | Useful VMware-related Links

If you found this or any other post helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points.

Blog: http://blog.eeg3.net
ProPenguin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

My client is a NC190 Monitor and unfortunately I need the same monitor to have the same machine every time. Though that is not the problem. I would like the monitor to go to the VMs CTRLALTDELETE screen during KIOSK mode instead of just automatically logging in. It may not be possible and I will get over it but I was hoping maybe someone else had done this.

0 Kudos
iToLo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just an idea, but you should be able to do this by setting up some restrictions for your kiosk-account on the desktop that it is connecting to.

1. Make sure the kiosk-user is not allowed to logon to the desktop (only entitled to connect to the pool)

2. Use another (perhaps local) account / for the logon to your desktop

ProPenguin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks guys. I am not going to be able to get exacly what I want but you guys gave some good tips. So gold stars for the both of you.

Thank you

0 Kudos
kreischl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What did you come up with for this type of setup?

0 Kudos