VMware Horizon Community
ferdis
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Wyse ThinOS devices not working with VMware View 4.5

Hi,

I did new installation of VMware View 4.5.0 build-293049 which is working with vSphere 4.1 Build 258902.

Problem is that my Wyse S10, V10L devices with ThinOS stopped working with VMware View. What is interesting Wyse P20 (PCoIP Teradici Chip inside) and also Wyse V90LEW (Microsoft Embedded) is going without any problem. Im not using SSL on VMware View.

I have tried Wyse ThinOS firmware WTOS 6.5 and also WTOS 7.0.0_35 none is working.

I just replaced firmware on one of my S10s with WTOS_7.0.0_35. After this S10 dont want to authenticate against VMware View connection server. It showed me authentication GINA screen with View logo but after I submit login credentials it just beep and nothing happens. During boot of S10 it is informing that it has problem with VDI broker. I have tested upgraded View Connection server 4.5 with V90LEW and no problem!

Before this new installation I had VMware View 4.5 Release Candidate

upgraded from VMware View 4.0 and it went without any problem with all

Wyse clients!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ferdis
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

OK guys, restart of VMware View Connection Server did it Smiley Happy

I suppose that SSL was still set on View Connection Server even I had set not to use it.

0 Kudos
joegarrett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was wondering if you are getting correct USB connection from a V10L to your Win XP desktop.

I have upgraded our V10L's to 7.0.0_30 using View 4.1 and now USB flash drives and USB keys are not being seen by XP. The V10L sees the USB as I plug it in and then remove it. I have TCXLisense keys in my ini file, the only difference is the upgrade to 7.0.0_30

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Joe

I just did a downgrade on one V10L and the USB key is now being recognized.

Message was edited by: joegarrett

0 Kudos
Dave_O
Contributor
Contributor

What version of the TCX USB virtulaliser do you have on your XP gold image? Had the same issue. I had version 1.5 but upgraded to 2.1.5 (or something like that) and it worked. Also try re-installing the virtualiser software as I seem to remember some issues with the order of installation (tools & virtualiser). Using ThinOS 7.0.35.

Ferdis

As a matter of interest are the Wyse P20 s much better ie quicker and better video rendering than the V10L s We were looking to buy one to see if it was worth it?

0 Kudos
joegarrett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We did get in touch with Wyse tech support and found out the version of the TCX licenses will not work with 7.0.0_30.

So there you go, it's just a matter of spending more money. That always makes the world right! Right?

0 Kudos
joegarrett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OK, here's the rub.

Using WTOS 7.0.0_30 and the Wyse TCX Suite USB pass-through will not work unless you un-check the "Use secure tunnel connection to desktop" option in the Edit View Connection Server Settings on View 4.5.

The problem comes when you try to connect to your View server externally using a secure SSL connection. If that option is un-checked then the View Connection Server tries to establish a RDP connection on port 3389. If your firewall is setup to only allow port 80 & 443 connections then your desktop will never connect. Only by having the "Use secure tunnel connection to desktop" option checked will you be able to connect to your desktop remotely via SSL. It appears to be a catch-22.

BTW, the same issue occurs with View 4.1.

0 Kudos
ferdis
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Dave,

I thing P20 is nice and clean solution. It can do PCoIP and also RDP. Graphic performance is fine. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
joegarrett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have some P20's and some 10Zig's running PCoIP. There is an issue with the Teradici firmware and USB drives too. See other posts in View forum.

I've worked with Teradici support to resolve thinking 4.5 would fix, in process of testing. Also had a problem with PCoIP (Teradici) and the 4.1 VMTools update screwing up the video. This is a known problem in VMware's KB and on these forums.

It would be nice if VMware, Wyse and Teradici would all put their collective heads together and make sure the products they are releasing all work together.

0 Kudos
iforbes
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'm running into the same issue. Do you know if the latest WTOS firmware addresses this? I don't mind disabling SSL on the internal Connection broker, but that's a no go for users connecting externally. It's gotta be an SSL connection - and we need the TCX suite to work.

0 Kudos