VMware Cloud Community
mvrk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ESXi 4.1 + VMware Data Recovery 1.2 (without vCenter)

Hi,

I've installed VMware Data Recovery 1.2 on my ESXi 4.1 and when i connect to VMware Data Recovery i get the message "Connected to ESX Server, automated backups will not be performed

This means that sheduled backups will only work if i get vCenter? Without vCenter i have to run backups manualy?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GreatWhiteTec
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That is correct. vDR is setup to discover your VM inventory via vCenter. The purpose of vDR is to provide a centralized interface for your VM backup/recovery via vCenter. The cool thing about this is that vDR will keep track of your VMs if you move them via vMotion, HA, DRS, etc. But, yes you DO need vCenter.

A+, DCSE, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, MCDBA, NCDA, VCP4

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GreatWhiteTec
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That is correct. vDR is setup to discover your VM inventory via vCenter. The purpose of vDR is to provide a centralized interface for your VM backup/recovery via vCenter. The cool thing about this is that vDR will keep track of your VMs if you move them via vMotion, HA, DRS, etc. But, yes you DO need vCenter.

A+, DCSE, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, MCDBA, NCDA, VCP4

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.

0 Kudos