VMware Horizon Community
nonsparker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

view 4.5 admin website session time out

Is there a way to change the how long it takes before the session times out on the view 4.5 admin console website? I pretty much leave it up all day and would like to change the time to longer than what seems like the 10 min it is set to now.

Twitter @thickguythinapp
Website thickguythinapp.com
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
banthony
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Take a look at the following setting within View Administrator.

View Configuration -> Global Settings -> Edit... -> Enable automatic status updates

Determines if View Manager updates the global status pane in the upper left corner of View Administrator every few minutes. The dashboard page of View Administrator is also updated every few minutes.
+ When you enable this setting, idle sessions do not time out for any user who is logged into View Administrator.+
+ Important+
+ Disabling idle-session timeouts increases the risk of unauthorized use of View Administrator. Use caution when you enable this setting.+
+ By default, this setting is not enabled. Idle-session timeouts do occur.+

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
banthony
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Take a look at the following setting within View Administrator.

View Configuration -> Global Settings -> Edit... -> Enable automatic status updates

Determines if View Manager updates the global status pane in the upper left corner of View Administrator every few minutes. The dashboard page of View Administrator is also updated every few minutes.
+ When you enable this setting, idle sessions do not time out for any user who is logged into View Administrator.+
+ Important+
+ Disabling idle-session timeouts increases the risk of unauthorized use of View Administrator. Use caution when you enable this setting.+
+ By default, this setting is not enabled. Idle-session timeouts do occur.+

0 Kudos
nonsparker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks I'll be sure to be careful if i enable this setting.

Twitter @thickguythinapp
Website thickguythinapp.com
0 Kudos