VMware Cloud Community
Sven_Burger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Capacity Planner: Not enough Data?

Hello -

Last week I set up a Capacity Planner session with a remote customer, to gather info for a Consolidation Estimate. I've done everything correctly, registered the collector, etc. and it has been uploading data the past 8 days. However, when I log in to the dashboard, the collector success rate shows 100%, the status is 'Data Received' but the report field says 'Not Enough Data.' I'm unable to figure out why I can't access this information yet. I'm also unable to find any information on the VMwware site as to what could be wrong.

Please help!

Sven

0 Kudos
7 Replies
amvmware
Expert
Expert

From the collector dashboard select the inventory and performance uploads tabs - are they still uploading csv files - check the dates of the files and make sure they are current.

0 Kudos
Sven_Burger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, I can see the .CSV files, including today. Each file says it was Received, Queued, and Processed.

0 Kudos
amvmware
Expert
Expert

You need to look at the inventory data and see if sufficeint fields are being populated - you may not be gathering sufficient data from each server for it to pass the threshold of inventoried.

I would look at the data collector and see if there are any issues with the collecting of the data.

I have had a similar issue with collecting data from servers separated by wan links - with firewall and other good things in between.

Sven_Burger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, you may be on to something. I'm wondering why I'm seeing so many red X's.

Attached is a screenshot of the collection monitor.

I don't have direct access to the Collector itself - it's running at a customer site. Last I looked at it however, it was doing its thing.

Why would some data be collected and some not?

0 Kudos
amvmware
Expert
Expert

You have an inventory collection issue. You will have to recheck the collector - looks like either inventory collection has stopped - this is set to a default of once per day - as inventory should not really change much during the analysis or the data was never collected on the initial inventory run - once the initial inventory has been performed the collector is only looking for changes from the data collected.

You can do a forced inventory update to refresh the data - this is done on the collector.

0 Kudos
lanamarkinc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sven, have you been able to resolve the data collection issues?

0 Kudos
SupawatRungsari
Contributor
Contributor

I faced this issue too. please help

I
0 Kudos