VMware Cloud Community
sssstew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Browse Datastore button greyed out?

Hi All

Ive got a problem whereby i cant seem to grant a specific user Browse Datastore rights in our ESX 4 Update 2 environment, i have followed this :-

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/136468

And given them Browse Datastore rights to the VC level, then the DC level, then even the host level but still no luck when the user edits the settings on a VM then clicks the CD/DVD Drive and chooses Datastore ISO File the Browse button is grey, has anyone got this to work?

Cheers

Stewart

Stew
0 Kudos
5 Replies
janardhanr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You need to provide Browse Data Store permission in the ROLE, then you will be able to browse the same.

Regards,

Jana.

NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved / answered, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.

Regards, Jana. NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved / answered, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.
0 Kudos
sssstew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

so i created a new role, called Browse Data Store and gave it those rights attached. Then using that role assigned the permissions at all the levels mentioned before but still no luck.

Stew
0 Kudos
virtualdive
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You might wanna check other machines on the host and see if any other VM has the CD/ISO attached to it, try removing all the CD/ISO and then check on this one again.

-Vish

Regards,

'V'
thevshish.blogspot.in
vExpert-2014-2021
0 Kudos
sssstew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hmm no its permissions somewhere as i can do it with my admin account but i cannot seem to give my other user rights....

Stew
0 Kudos
sssstew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Managed to resolve this with a vmware support ticket, had to give the user in question administrator rights on the ISO Images datastore then it worked.

Stew
0 Kudos