VMware Cloud Community
NuggetGTR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

PowerCLI script for home made DRS

Hi all,

Thought I would ask, Im sure ive seen a script in my travels so I thought I would ask if anyone knows of something already out there.

Basically im looking for a poor mans DRS more out of interest, but would be pretty cool for someone with essentials plus as they have vmotion but no DRS and cant monitor it all the time.

I know it wouldnt be perfect but im looking for a script to vmotion vm's based on host cpu usage or memory usage or both.

Ive done custom charts and graphs for near realtime monitoring using cpu/mem usage on hosts using the get-stat command so I see it would be possible to trigger a vmotion for a virtual machine if the host cpu % has been 85%+ for more than 5 min or something along those lines.

Thought before I write or try and write something I just wanted to see if this has been done and if someone can point me to the script? as i dont want to re invent the wheel.

Cheers all

________________________________________ Blog: http://virtualiseme.net.au VCDX #201 Author of Mastering vRealize Operations Manager
0 Kudos
0 Replies